Sunday 29 August 2010

Decisions, Decisions

I'm feeling optimistic because I've seized this free time I didn't know I'd have and listed ten items on Ebay - that's a whole basket full of stuff I had in my space and hopefully most or all of it will go in a week's time.  If it doesn't sell I will put the items in a charity sack after that.  It seems that having stopped most of my pointless shopping and done an initial sweep around the house I am now doing another skimming out of superfluous objects and I am really seeing a difference.  I used to dream of a skip on the front lawn and a radical and ruthless tipping out of excess stuff but quite aside from the fact that we would be unlikely to spend £200 on a skip, it's a gradual process.  There are decisions to be made, lots and lots of small and sometimes large decisions that all add up to The Big Decision to live and function differently.  To do this requires swimming against the tide, being tempted daily by the glittering and shimmering of seductive objects and advertisements but even so standing by that big decision so that its results can be seen and enjoyed and the next stage - to maintain - can be reached. 

No comments:

Post a Comment